What you’ll be doing...
The primary goal of the dedicated Security Service Advisor (SSA) is to aggregate security, vulnerability, and threat data, analyze unusual and interesting patterns, and then communicate the information to the managed services customer, providing actionable intelligence and recommendations based on the threat and vulnerability data. Your goal is also to develop and maintain the client relationship, ensuring client satisfaction with the security solutions, operations, quality and assurance Verizon is providing to the client. The SSA drives greater value towards the Managed Security Service (MSS) customers through delivering services described in the MSS Service Description, providing additional security analysis, risk advisories, vulnerability assessment reporting, and service reporting over the lifecycle of the contract. Primary functions will include but are not limited to security incident trending analysis and reporting, security gap analysis, executive reporting, vulnerability assessments and reporting, and keeping abreast of industry trends. As an SSA you will:
- Provide recommendations to Product Management and Development teams for service improvements
- Serve as client’s primary point of contact and advisor within Verizon Managed Security Services and escalated service issues
- Serve as advocate and spearhead the development of extra or new and non-standard functionality within the Verizon product & service portfolio in the interest of the Client
- Develop and manage service improvement plans, incident reports, action plans, operational security management forums and escalation management, identify service gaps in maintaining value propositions for security solutions.
- Develop and create Executive Briefings (frequency based on client demand). The Executive Briefing will illustrate Implementation and/or Operational score, Threat and/or Vulnerability score, trending details, and may include high-level action plans
- Develop and create detailed Vulnerability Reports (frequency based on client demand). Vulnerability Reports will illustrate summary and detailed findings in regards to aged software, unusual use configurations, and vulnerability severity
- Monitor change activity, including device feature and maintenance release upgrades as well as vulnerability patches
- Provide training and information to clients on Managed Security Services (MSS) portal and services at inception and periodically as new features and enhancements to the portal and service are made, as well as “refresher” training as necessary
- The Security Services Advisor may be responsible for maintaining some level of client specific documentation set as defined in the contract and approved by Verizon MSS; and maintains client information in designated CMDB, Wiki pages, operational playbooks, and document repositories
- Participate in onsite meetings with customer and Verizon support team
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Two or more years of experience in the security threat and vulnerability field
- Capability to analyze log data, threat data, and threat intelligence information, interpret, and communicate derived meaning to client with recommendations for risk mitigation strategies
- Experience in the Information Security field in a client-facing security services advisor, security analyst, or security engineer role.
- Experience and knowledge of networking and network security technologies such as Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Proxies, Content Filtering, Application security, SIEM and Log, monitoring/management, Vulnerability Management, Risk and Compliance.
- Experience in an operations, engineering or other technical role within networking, network security, IT and/or telecommunications field, particularly in a client facing role.
- Knowledge of ITIL, service management and quality management practices.
- Willingness to travel as required – Travel demand will/can include external functions including visits to Customers, Sales offices, industry events. Travel estimated at 25% or less.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Information Technology, Information Assurance, or related field.
- Project Management training/certification.
- Quality Management (ITIL, Six Sigma, TQM, etc.) training/certification.
- Capability to analyze log data, threat data, and threat intelligence information, interpret, and communicate derived meaning to client with recommendations for risk mitigation strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate technical issues to various levels of personnel, including analysts, engineers, management, and “C” level executives.
- Strong analytical skills, technical writing skills, communication skills, crisis management skills.
- Relevant Security certifications (CISSP, C|EH, Security+, SANS, ISACA, Vendor Certificates).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7065131-managed-security-services-advisor
• Post ID: 133662782 queens