What you’ll be doing...
As the Principal Security Architect for our managed network team, working on behalf of a F500 customer, your primary responsibility will be to translate the customer’s planned business initiatives into security architecture designs and help the customer define security policies that they will approve. You will prepare network security design recommendations that connect Verizon’s security architecture services to the customer’s enterprise security risk and compliance requirements. The Principal Security Architect will work on firewall (Palo Alto, Cisco ASA and FirePOWER), proxy (Bluecoat), IDS/IPS (Sourcefire, FirePOWER) architecture and design while adhering to PCI and NIST 800-53 compliance frameworks.
- Be the principal network and application security architect leading definition and change, reflecting customer provided security policy documents, as well as operational objectives
- Provide input as required for customer review and development of security architecture and design plans
- Evaluate evolving customer business strategies and requirements, and compare these to existing threat landscape, as well as current security posture, providing recommendations as required, including evolving policies as implemented on security controls
- Provide architectural direction to the security life cycle engineer for engineering efforts
- Serve as design authority for security of network and application efforts and testing
- Provide expertise, guidance, and direction on security policy, planning, implementation to create a best in class security platform for customer
- Integrate with customer security and network teams as required to maintain healthy communication and support security objectives
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of enterprise class network security architecture experience that includes Cisco ASA, FirePOWER, Palo Alto, Sourcefire, and Bluecoat technologies
- PCI and NIST 800-53 compliance framework knowledge, and experience building compliant security architecture
Even Better if You Also Have:
- Master’s Degree
- CISSP, CISM, CCIE, CCDP, or other security industry certifications
- In addition to the security architecture experience, you’ll need a keen knowledge of the current cyber threat landscape
- 10+ years of relevant experience in IT Security industry with increasing responsibilities preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to present information to all levels
- Ability to lead project teams and delegate effectively
- Must have knowledge of networking concepts including switching, routing, NAT, packet filtering etc.
- Must have knowledge of concepts like packet inspection
- Must have the necessary communications and interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with peers, management, staff, and internal/external business partners/clients
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2378400-principal-network-security-architect
• Post ID: 150882777 queens