Junior Commercial Sales and Account Manager- Integrated Systems - Johnson Controls (Long Island
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
For additional information, please visit or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Seeking a motivated Commercial Sales Professional to be an Integrated Systems Sales Account Manager and Sales Executive.
The Integrated Systems Sales Team is responsible for sale of sophisticated, integrated security solutions and products commanding a working knowledge of IP security offerings, as well as, IT networks and infrastructure. This role requires individual and team selling skills, knowledge of TycoIS'integrated level technologies, including Fire and other high-level applications, and ability to work well in front of customers as well as across teams.
The preferred candidate is a self-motivated and driven individual with superior relationship building skillswho is on the verge of greatness and looking to take the next step in their career.
You will be representing Advanced Services within an assigned territory, developing and expanding business with large existing and new accounts in collaboration with and under the direction of the Integrated Systems Sales Manager (ISSM).
You will be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships, delivering superior customer service, developing and expanding existing or target customer(s) and initiating and completing sales of Tyco products and services, while providing support to the designated ISSM in his/her sales efforts. Which may include; the development of new sales leads, client solicitation, referrals, proposal preparation and closing of approved contracts. Additionally, this individual provides input such as, relevant market information relating to sales, competition and marketing strategies, vision and goals.
You will support the ISSM through day-to-day transactional business including customer meetings, preparation of quotes, surveys, estimating and sales of additional products. Incumbent plays a key role in assisting in resolution of customer billing, monitoring, installation, and other customer issues and challenges.
Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for meeting quota expectations through sales to targeted new accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to current Tyco policies, procedures, products, programs and services.
- Individually and in partnership with the sales team and ISSM, contact and secure potential new account business and maintain existing business through:
- Contacting of corporate accounts both in person and by phone
- Contacting existing and potential customers on a regular basis
- Preparing responses to qualified RFPs
- Developing and maintaining relationships with security consultants and A&E firms
- Developing and maintaining relationships within the new construction marketplace (GC's, Electricians, Sub-contractors, etc)
- Developing and maintaining relationships with product manufacturers
- Developing and maintaining relationships with internal customers through collaborative efforts
- Representing the company at trade shows
- Networking within local associations and societies
- Working with Regional Director and ISSM, and in collaboration with internal TycoIS resources, develop and utilize expertise, consultative selling skills, strong relationships and structured marketing and sales plans for target and existing accounts.
- Create and maintain sales pipeline with detailed information as to number of potential and qualified prospects/opportunities to maintain sales quota following established guidelines.
- Drive wider and deeper account penetration with new and existing accounts through frequent proactive contact, expanding and maintaining strong relationships with multiple departments (facilities, loss prevention, IT, finance, and C-level executives) and key decision makers at multiple levels within customer organizations.
- Sell integrated solutions to regional named accounts; sales consisting of integrated video surveillance, access control, and other networked applications with an understanding of local codes including applicable labor environment.
- Independently develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of products/services as it relates to customers'issues and needs through in-house training, networking and reading/research. Maintain an on-going and in-depth knowledge of the latest Security System products offered by Advanced Services. Develop ability to convey technically complex security systems and applicable services to our clients in an intelligent and articulate, yet understandable manner.
- Conducts physical survey of the premises, and identifies the areas of security needs and concerns.
- Assists in design of the security system in accordance with the needs of the prospect, and in accordance with Tyco's standard practices.
- Add on, amend, and convert customer systems to meet their specific needs.
- Prepares and presents sales presentation&proposal to prospect, identifying features, and translating those features into benefits in a consultative and solution selling manner. Prepare final contract for signature. Post installation follow-up by contacting customer.
- Identify prospects and key target executives by position at various levels within target agency or business segment.
- Work with ISSM and Regional Director as needed to develop account penetration strategy and tactics.
- Independently, and in assistance to the ISSM establish call plans and customer follow-up strategies, and apply time and territory management techniques. Develop an aggressive methodology for the follow-up of all prospect communication and proposal generation.
- Collaborates with Operations and Engineering to ensure that all documentation is communicated properly and according to the customer's needs.
- College degree is required Bachelors Preferred
- 2-5 years experience as a successful sales representative in any professional corporate targeted industry
- Preferred knowledge of the security, IT or other technology sales industry,
- Demonstrated consistent ability to meet and exceed quota. .
- Proven ability to sell new and existing business.
- Ability to discuss security requirements with prospects and convey technically complex security systems and applicable services.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to present to senior level executives within the customer and Tyco organizations.
- Have the ability to develop and cultivate strong, effective internal and external working relationships and promote an environment of teamwork, flexibility and fun.
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Builds Effective Teams
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Organizational Agility
- Conflict Management
- Managing Diversity
- Peer Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Technical Learning
- Time Management
- Developing Direct Reports&Others
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Ability to work a full time schedule
- Available for local/regional travel, which may include nights and weekends to accommodate customer's schedule
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employee
• Post ID: 130313268 queens