Temporary Medical Assistant Asst-FlexStaff (Nassau) - Northwell Health (Valley Stream, NY)
We have positions open at several locations throughout Nassau County.
In the Medical Office Assistant role you will perform direct patient care under the supervision of a physician or appropriate clinician and related clerical duties supporting operational needs.
We are hiring for multiple locations,
- Preparing treatment rooms for patient examinations and ensuring the cleanliness and availability of appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Interviewing patients to obtain medical information and performing measurement and screening procedures.
- Obtaining specimens from patients as directed by a clinician.
- Assisting the clinician during examinations, procedures and treatment as required.
- Preparing, sterilizing and calibrating equipment.
- Strictly adhering to infection control standards while performing duties.
- Performing related clerical duties supporting operational needs.
- Performing other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Successful completion of a six-month (6) to one (1) year course in Medical Assisting at an accredited school, required.
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), preferred.
- Prior experience and demonstrated competence as a medical assistant, preferred.
- Data entry skills (80 kpm), required. Ability to communicate effectively.
Associated topics: assistant, assistant psych, assistant surgery, assistant surgical, clinic, diagnostic, physician assistant, practice physician, urgent care, walk in
• Post ID: 136966587 queens