Dollars & Cents Tax and Accounting Services LLC. is a fast-growing, virtual tax and accounting service that serves businesses and individuals nationwide. We assist business owners with bookkeeping, payroll, and sales tax reporting. We also process tax returns for individuals, corporations, S-corps, partnerships, non-profits, and trusts.
Immediate job opening for an INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR - VIRTUAL TAX PREPARER who will acquire their own clients, prepare personal returns, and meet with the client via a web meeting to review the return line-by-line. This is a seasonal COMMISSION based job, however, if the candidate demonstrates strong skills and gels with our team culture, we will extend the contract per-diem in the offseason.
JOB OPENING - VIRTUAL TAX PREPARER
MUST have 2 years of tax preparation experience. You will need to demonstrate a strong knowledge of balance sheet reconciliations, stock options, rentals, and small business acumen. Required and/or Preferred credentials would have PTIN, CTEC, Maryland Registered Tax Return Preparer, NYTPRIN, Oregon Board of Tax Practitioners, EA.
- knowledge of Word, Excel & Outlook
- is process oriented
- take initiative, self-starter and offers solutions
- replies to clients in 24 hours or less
- humble & hungry
- can easily pick up on social cues from others
- must be super comfortable on the computer typing a minimum of 65 wpm
- able to move quickly between programs and quickly learn new technologies
- able to recognize priorities and meet deadlines
- capable of multi-tasking many small tasks
- vigilant about the details
- analytical thinker
- provides excellent customer service skills
- able to use a 10 key
- desires to be a part of something larger than themselves.
Because of the technology we use, this position can be done from any location in the US. Here are some programs we use daily = Acuity Scheduling, ShareFile, QuickBooks Online, and Zoom.
The right person will:
- Be able to drive the business brand and acquire your own clients
- Enter data for individual returns (1040) which includes Schedule A, B, C, D, and E
- Comfortable in meeting with clients to explain a completed tax return using screen sharing software with w e b c a m
- Demonstrate knowledge of tax laws
- Know where to research to find answers
- Strong communication skills on the phone, in an email and during web meetings with clients
Knowledge of TaxSlayer Pro Online is a plus!
Experience in preparing S-corp, C-corp and partnership returns a plus!
Interview process: We take our time in the interview process to not only make sure we communicate the job expectations but also to make sure the candidate is a right fit for our office culture.
Applying for the job: If you are a perfectionist at heart and find fulfillment to reassure people that might have fear, anxiety or frustration around money/taxes, then you might want to apply for the opportunity to join our team! This job is perfect for the candidate that seeks growth, opportunities and wants a career in the accounting field. Accounting students welcomed! Experienced contractors with their own businesses are also welcomed!
ONLY if you are enthusiastic about this opportunity and meet the above requirements, please apply :
1. Email your resume
2. Email a cover letter that will include a brief summary:
(a) Available start date
(b) Why the job is particularly of interest to you
(c) Why you would be the best candidate for the job
Compensation: $50 per 1040 return, $100 per 1040/Sched C return, $200 per 1120/1120S/1065/etc returns
No phone calls, please. I will contact each qualified candidate for an interview.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract, Commission
- tax preparation: 2 years
Required license or certification:
• Post ID: 151913447 queens